Goddess morning Royals 👑. First, give praise and worship to the all High.
1968 Olympics Black Power
- Demonstration conducted by African-American athletes, Tommie Smith and John Carlos, after winning gold and bronze medals🏅. Each athlete raised a Black-gloved fist and kept them raised until the National Anthem finished.
- Wore human rights badges on their jackets.
- Over and above winning medals, these athletes made names for themselves by an act of racial protest.
- The raising of the Black Power Fist stood for those against the political and racial injustice in America.
- Smith and Carlos received death threats from racist Americans for making the gesture.
- The gesture and American backlash can be compared to modern day feelings Colin Kaepernick, who kneeled during the National Anthem for similar reasons.
Montgomery Bus Boycott – a Montgomery, Alabama 1955 – 1956
- Political and social protest campaign against the policy of racial segregation within public transit system of Montgomery, lasted 381 days.
- Prominent figures on the Civil Rights Movement participated in boycott; Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Ralph Abernathy, and Rosa Parks demanded Montgomery busing segregation laws be eliminated.
- Proved economic boycotts by African-American population could lead to great results in the battle for for civil rights as the racial segregation of public segregation crumbled under the financial losses of the companies, but we should have formed and supported our own companies.
- Despite this proof, the collective African-American efforts to economically boycott seem to have stagnated. We wish this energy and effort would one day find a rebirth.
Queen of Sheba – Biblical figure
- Biblical figure.
- In Sheba, women played an important role in society and were equal to men in nearly all spheres, with civil, religious, and military rights and duties, much like men.
- Features in Jewish, Muslim and Christian, particularly Ethiopian Christian traditions.
- An anachronistic seventh-century set piece meant to legitimize the participation of Judah in the lucrative Arabian trade.
- The oldest and most important of the South Arabian kingdoms.
Sending you all love and kisses. #GoddessLove