Goddess morning Royals 👑. First, give praise and worship to the all High.
Chicken & Black Bean Chili
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, chopped (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (about 14 oz) diced tomatoes or fresh depends on your will
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 can (about 15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained. Again, depending on your will. If fresh 1 pack of Black beans soaked (2hrs), rinsed, dried.
- Toppings: sour cream, diced ripe avocados, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions (optional) or chopped cilantro, crushed tortilla chips or corn chips.
- Combine chicken, chili powder, cumin, and salt in slow cooker, or large simmering pot, tossing to coat.
- Add bell peppers, onions (optional) and garlic; mix well. Stir in tomatoes and salsa. Cover, cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in beans. Cover; cook on high 5 to 10 minutes or until beans are heated through. Serve with desired toppings.
Wild Rice & Dried Cherry Risotto
- 1 cup dry-roasted salted peanuts
- 2 tbsp sesame oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 6 oz uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup chopped green or red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 cups hot water
- 1/4 cup teriyaki or soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- Coat slow cooker or pot with non-stick cooking spray. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add peanuts. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until peanuts begin to brown. Transfer peanuts to plate; set aside.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in skillet. Add onion (if chosen). Cook and stir 6 minutes or until richly browned. Transfer to slow cooker or pot. Stir in wild rice, carrots, bell peppers, cherries, red pepper flakes, and water. Cover; cook on high 3 hours.
- Uncover; let stand 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Stir in peanuts, remaining oil, teriyaki sauce and salt.
Dinner with friends and family will be real conversational piece guaranteed. Enjoy!
Sending you all love and kisses. #GoddessLove